Who knows this will happen?

Posted by clinical chemistry blog notes03B , Thursday, August 12, 2010 7:27 AM


Hello! I am Trixie, I was a 17 year old. I’m kind, cheerful, and a sweet girl that everyone’s friend.  One of my passions is playing taekwondo. I started playing since when I was a kid, and I’ve been promoted to black belt when I was 11 years old. And I’ve been recognized as the best player during my  6th grade. I appeared to have all of the requisite talent to excel in high school and perhaps I earn an athletic scholarship in college.
It was Wednesday morning, and this is my first time to meet the varsity team. I’m so much excited about this day, but I’m a bit nervous. And as our coach asked me to introduce myself in the whole team, I confidently go infront and said a little background of myself, seems that everyone was so friendly to me except to Jasmine. I tried to approach her but I fail to do because Jasmine acts so IRRITABLE. I’ve noticed that Jasmine looks so DEPRESSED and SHORT TEMPERED, and during our sparring she appears so AGGRESSIVE and VIOLENT, that even our coach cannot control her.  And whenever the team tries to talk to her, asking her about his condition, she’s experiencing HALLUCINATIONS and SENSE OF PARANOIA.  I’m feel so concern and curious about Jasmine, one night after our varsity training, and all of the my co-players are gone, I found Jasmine in the corner of the room, smoking at first I thought that it was just a piece of a cigarette, but it was as CRACK.I was so shocked, I want to stop her from taking that thing because I know it is bad to her health.
I went nearly to her, and she began on high, it was then approximately 20 minutes of euphoria when Jasmine experienced it when smoke the crack. But after awhile, tears began to fall on Jasmine’s eye you can see that she was trapped on a problem. Jasmine confessed to me that she is a pregnant, and her boyfriend left her. She was so confused and she decided to ABORT her baby. I told Jasmine how important life is, and advice her to take the responsibility. The next day, Jasmine approached me and  told me that she will stop from playing because it will be harmful to her condition. Thanks to God that she has been enlighten. My curiosity does not end there as well as my concern, I’ve researched informations about cracks, in order to understand why does Jasmine acts such that way.
Let me share with you,
Here are some facts about it
FACT NO.1
CRACKS,  formally known as benzomethylecgonine, cocaine. It is an alkaloid extracted from specific plants. Its active ingredient is benzoylecgonine. It can be ingested, inhaled or administered intravenously. The most popular route for cocaine is intranasal. Most abusers tend to smoke the cracks.

FACT NO.2
Approximately 20-minutes of euphoria experienced when smoking cracks.
--I remember when I saw Jasmine smoking cracks, and she began on high for about 20 minutes.

FACT NO.3
Half life of cocaine in the circulation is only about 30 minutes to 2 hours.
FACT NO. 4
Strong sense of euphoria, mental alertness, depression, hallucination, sense of paranoia, increased motor activities, violence, aggressiveness, are some of the effects of cocaine.
--Now, I realize why does Jasmine acts that way.
FACT NO.  5
One of the more tragic cocaine use seen in PREGENANCY, this will increased incidence of spontaneous abortion and still birth. A greater chance of infants will acquire birth defects such as neurological damages.
--This is one of the major reason why Jasmine decide to take cocaine.

HOW IS COCAINE IS TESTED 

  • Assays are commercially available to detect the presence of benzoylecgonine by RIA, enzyme immunoassay, or gas chromatography/ mass spectrometry.
  
  • COCAINE CARD TEST

Principle: Immunochromatography
In which the drug or drug metabolites in the sample compete with a drug conjugate immobilized on     the porous membrane support for limited antibody sites. As the test sample flows up through the absorbent device, the labeled antibody – dye conjugate binds to the free drug in the specimen forming an antibody-antigen complex. This complex competes with immobilized antigen conjugate in the positive reaction zone and will not produce a pink – rose color.

  • Specimen Collection and Storage
Urine (1.0ml/ 1000 ul), it should be collected in a clean, dry container without preservative. If the sample will not be tested immediately refrigerate it(2-8°C) and stored up to 48 hours frozen (-20 C) or colder to assaying. But they must be equilibrated to room temperature before testing.(32-35°C)

  • SENSITIVITY LEVEL = 300ng/ml

  • INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
POSITIVE = presence of pink-rose color line it the control lane and absence in the test lane.
NEGATIVE = presence of pink-rose color line it the control lane and presence in the test lane.

  • PRECAUTIONS
ü  For “In Vitro use Only”
ü  For professional use only.
ü  Do not use kit beyond expiration date indicated on the label.
ü  Urine specimens may be infectious. Proper handling and disposal of all use reaction devices should be done in a biohazard container.
ü  The direction must be followed exactly.
ü  Accurate timing is essential to provide optimal results.
ü  Gloves must be worn when performing the test.
ü  Clean up spills thoroughly using an appropriate intermediate to high level disinfectant.

I found all of these facts in books I’ve read, the books entitled  Clinical Chemistry by Donald F. Calbreath and Manual in Clinical Chemistry III by Mrs. Virginia B. Gaces, RMT , with regards to the Cocaine Card Test. Thank you to this sources , this enlighten me what are the effects and reasons why  Jasmine decided to take up this drug.  Just like Jasmine, there are many people who are suffering from drug addiction, it maybe of different reasons but, if they will not QUIT it would end MISERABLE


IF YOU THINK YOU CAN,YOU CAN!
--tkdADDICT
TRIXIE ü

0 Response to "Who knows this will happen?"

Post a Comment